Monday, July 16, 2012

The Magic of Eyelashes

Yes, you guessed it. This post is dedicated to those tiny little hairs above your eyes called eyelashes. We all love eyelashes. They have the power to make our eyes look bigger and make us look more awake. It is our duty to make our eyelashes the BEST eyelashes they can be. I'm going to show you what I do to my eyelashes, then I will show you the comparison between plain vs curled vs mascara+curled eyelashes!


First, I curl my eyelashes. This, I think, is the most important part.

As you can see, I am using a Sheseido eyelash curler that I bought in Japan for the equivalent of about $9. They sell them here at Sephora for $19! That is so rude of Sephora to mark up the price like that.

To curl my lashes, I half close my eyes and make sure EVERY eyelash is between the rubber thingy and the top part. Then, I squeeze for about 10 seconds. It's pretty straightforward.

Then, I apply mascara. I tend to brush through my eyelashes once for length, then wiggle it up my eyelashes for volume, then brush through once again to get rid of clumps. For this post I used Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara. I don't particularly like that mascara, but it came with an eyeshadow palette. It clumps very easily.






The upper left corner is without anything. The upper right corner is with an eyelash curler, and the bottom left corner is with an eyelash curler and mascara. The bottom right corner is my cat. He's just filling up space because I didn't have a fourth thing to compare.






This compares the same things in the same order as above, but they are full face photos (as you can see!) This answers my burning question of, "Do eyelashes really make a difference in how you look overall?"

The answer is this: Kind of. The reality is that eyelashes are just tiny hairs above your eyes, and there are MUCH bigger things in the world to worry about. Larger, more defined lashes do, however, help you get larger and more defined eyes. I also look kind of sleepy without curled eyelashes or mascara.

I am also astonished at the amount of time I have spent writing about eyelashes. Goodbye for now!

4 comments:

  1. Totally agree!

    I'm a new follower on GFC & Bloglovin from BlogLoveTherapy Blog Hop - stop by my blog and say hi :)
    http://superficialsydney.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't live without my eyelash curler! It's my absolute must have. Sometimes when I don't put on a lot of makeup, I still curl my lashes and a simple lipgloss.

    Found your blog through blog-hop and following you :)

    Drop by my blog if you'd like too, http://mui28.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete