Saturday, July 28, 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

It's a balm! It's a stain! It's Revlon Kissable Balm Stain!

I saw this product on someone's blog. I forget whose blog it was, but they were comparing these to the Clinique Chubby Sticks and they said that the Revlon ones were almost as good and even better in some aspects.

The Revlon Balm Stains are cheaper than the Clinique Chubby sticks ($7-$10 vs $16) so I thought I would give them a try.

This was selling for $8.99 at Rite-Aid, but there was a BOGO get 50% off deal.

Anyways, this comes in a pretty package. The color is called "Sweetheart." The lip stain looks like a crayon, as you can see; it even writes like a crayon on paper. I was immediately excited, as I tend to be when I buy new stuff. When I bought this, I expected it to be a orange toned pink, but it was actually more of a fuchsia color.


It's balmy and has a pleasant minty smell. Because it's a balm, it leaves a nice moisturized sheen on your lips. It's very pigmented, so if you're looking for a more natural look make sure to put lots of lip balm on first. I've found that it makes the color a lot less harsh.
 
Here's the balm on my lips. It looked a LOT brighter than the kind of lip color I'm used to. It is a bright fuchsia. It's the kind of dramatic lip color you can wear without any other makeup. 


The Revlon Balm Stain lasted for the rest of the day, and was even there the next morning! It's really the most ridiculously amazing staying power I have ever encountered in a tinted lip balm. It's not as moisturizing as I would have liked it to be, but overall I really like it. Because it's so bright, it can really be the only makeup I wear. It makes for a fun 1-step makeup look!

I highly recommend this product. It's super pigmented and stays all day. It's not quite moisturizing enough to be a lip balm, so you also need to moisturize your lips, but it is very moisturizing compared to other lip stains which tend to dry your lips out.

I will definitely be picking up some more colors next week!


14 comments:

  1. Still need to try this product..the colour looks lovely on you doll xx

    Sara xx happy new follower
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I highly recommend it. I will follow you back!

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited to get my hands on these! I found you through the hop! :)

    http://dulcet-sparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I will check out your blog.

      Delete
  3. That shade looks great on you! Can't wait till they arrive where I live:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. found you through the blog hop. New follower. Hope you will follow back. http://babyboomersbombshellsandbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these lip balms!! You picked a great color!

    Stopping by from the blog hop and happy to be your newest follower :)

    Hope you get a chance to check out my blog <3

    xo, Jersey Girl

    hairsprayandhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the balm stains! :)

    xoxo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this colour! It suits you and it's great that it lasts all day!
    I found you through the blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colour suits you, it's very pretty!

    Found you through blog hopping at bloglovetherapy!
    Love your blog so far :)

    Kay.
    http://www.banini-beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. quite a pretty colour...havent tried these yet!!
    Found your blog via Mimika's Beauty blog hop and followed xx
    http://toxylicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete